Friday, December 16, 2005

Trouble is afoot... and his name is Chad Ford

Chad Ford writes in his weekly blog about NBA prospects (I would link it but ESPN makes this information insider bullshit so I am gonna post it...)

"He's fallen ... can he get up? Temple's Mardy Collins came into the season ranked as one of the top point guard prospects in the country. Scouts loved his size, versatility and defensive ability. He was considered a legit first-round prospect after his junior season, but opted to return to Temple for his senior year, hoping to move his stock into the lottery.
Things got off to a slow start this summer at the Under 21s, where Collins didn't do anything to really impress scouts. Now Collins is having a shaky senior season. His numbers are down across the board: He's shooting only 37 percent from the field (23 percent from 3-point range) and averaging just 3.3 apg.


If the numbers continue to tumble, not only is the lottery out of the question but Collins could slide right out of the first round."

I can't say I disagree with what Chad is saying. I have faith that Mardy will recover and so will his stats but I don't think Mr. Ford is out of bounds with the questions he raises... I have been saying this from the jump (See the post, No Way Out of the RACk) I can't call it concerning the USA Summer stuff he writes about but that is consistant with what I heard about his performance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home